I hope that everyone had a magnificent Festive Season. The time has again come to let the world know what I am planning to achieve this year. As some of you may know, I publish my Goals every year to hold myself publicly accountable for the Goals I set.
The theme for this year:
“Why consent to crawl when you have the urge to Soar!” ~ Helen Keller
* Pay off $7,000 in Debt I really thought that I would have this one crossed off my list by now. I will make a concerted effort to take this weight off my shoulders by the end of the 1st half of 2013.
* Buy an apartment (mostly) cash I have been eyeing this goal for many years now. There is just something comforting about having a place that you can call your own. It would also provide a place for my father to stay when he comes to visit. He is retired now, so there is no reason that he shouldn’t be able to show up whenever he wants.
* Pass the CFA Level 3 exam This is the biggy. I have been in the Chartered Financial Analyst program for quite a few years now. Passing this exam would be the culmination of many years of self-study. I have been mulling over my career options lately and getting through the CFA program would broaden my career options significantly.
* Complete my work experience portfolio to earn the “Certified Financial Planner” (CFP) designation. Helping people with their finances is a passion of mine. Completing the work experience component would allow me to market myself as a “Certified Financial Planner” – the Rolls Royce qualification for the Wealth Management/Financial Planning Industry.
* 10,000 visits per month on MzansiFinance.com This is my real stretch goal for the year – the one goal I do not know how to pull off, yet. It would be quite an achievement if I manage to complete this challenge!
* Make the Top 10 of First-year Academy Advisers in Gauteng My financial goals hinge on hitting this mark. I am naturally competitive, so am quite excited by setting such an aggressive work goal .
* Study Mandarin Chinese up to the Intermediate Level I love learning new languages. This one is pure indulgence.
* 3 days of physical activity every week There is nothing quite as enjoyable as running around in the fresh air with friends or teammates.
I hope 2013 will be a year of great achievements for you as well.
Which big goals are you setting for yourself this year?